1. Body cams to protect both the officer and citizen.
2. Yearly issue de-escalation and non-lethal force training.
3. Bi-annual implicit, unconscious, and cultural bias training.
4. Increased presence near parks on foot patrols to reduce crime, drug dealing, and improve community relations and trust.
5. Increase the number of non-lethal weapons to exceed the number of firearms.
6. Each precinct should have mandatory programming for citizens about the law for education. Launch a citywide 'Know your rights campaign'.
7. Re-implement city ordinance that officers have to live in the city they patrol. How? Current officers can be grandfathered in and each year we will incrementally increase the percentage of officers that have to live in city limits. This will increase accountability and improve community relations and trust.
8. Have officers become self-insured to increase accountability, reduce expenditures to pay off lawsuits, and therefore free up portions of the budget for other vital needs of the city to include paying for body cams, better equipment, etc.
9. More visibility to the positive work that our police force is doing such as award ceremonies. Presence at town halls and neighborhood meetings, active policing and neighborhood activism.
10. Continue to have community input on the advisory board for cases of negligence and inappropriate behavior.
11. When an officer is accused of a crime, they should be suspended without pay until the investigation is complete at which time, they will receive their full back pay.